CENTENARY SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
The Jewish Representative Council of Greater Manchester and Region in 2019 is celebrating a 100 years of serving the Jewish Community.
We are looking to recruit a Centenary Support Administrator to support the working groups that are planning the celebratory events.
The Job Description and person specification is below.
Please submit your C.V, with details of two references and a supporting letter which should clearly evidence those essential and desirable person specifications that you feel you possess for the attention of the
The President, Sharon Bannister BEM. email ; [email protected]
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 27th April 201
Please note we will not be acknowledging receipt of applications and you
will only be contacted if shortlisted for an interview
CENTENARY SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator to the Centenary Committee and its sub-committees, Jewish Representative Council of Greater Manchester and Region
SALARY AND HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary £9 per hour and includes pension contribution. Car mileage is payable.
Hours: 10-15 Hours per week – flexible, by arrangement.
Must be prepared to work, occasional evenings or weekends.
Reports to the designated Officer of the Council
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Centenary Support Administrator will support the team who are arranging events linked to the Centenary celebrations in 2019 for the Jewish Representative Council of Greater Manchester and Region.
The post holder will:
- Support the Council Officers, Executive, Working Group Members and Volunteers who are arranging and fund raising for Centenary events.
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming enquiries relating to the Centenary and its events.
- Assist with all fund-raising activities for the Centenary, including the preparation of proposals and reports, audio-visual materials, appeals, events, accurate record-keeping, etc.
- Liaise with Trustees, local and national dignitaries and supporters of the organisation regarding the Centenary.
- Be willing and able to work within the ethos and culture of the Jewish Representative Council and the community
In addition the post holder will work alongside the Office Administrator to ensure the general running of the office and the organisation.
- To respond to all fundraising enquiries, requests and gifts received in a prompt and efficient manner within agreed timescales.
- To thank donors for their gifts, in the prescribed manner and within agreed timescales.
- To enter data onto a database, maintain accurate records of donations, donors’ personal information, and any other data relating to fundraising (both electronic and paper).
- To collate information and materials as requested by fundraisers, volunteers and supporters.
- To deal with enquiries from the media in an efficient and professional manner.
- To identify and research funding opportunities as requested by the fundraising team.
- To assist with the preparation and writing of new grant applications e.g. through gathering relevant information and/or preparing applications.
- To arrange, or assist with the arrangements for all the Centenary events
- To write and send general appeals to charitable trusts and foundations.
- To provide general administrative support to the Centenary and fundraising
- To manage the supplies of fundraising and other relevant materials including liaising with printers, graphic designers etc. as necessary.
- To provide audio-visual support for events, presentations, etc, and design simple printed materials.
- To produce fundraising literature and social media output (Twitter, Facebook, and Website).
- To participate in the Council, staff and fundraising meetings and take minutes when requested.
- Dress appropriately for the role
|1.1||Daily access to a vehicle. Must provide car insurance.||X|
|1.3||A minimum of one years experience in an administrative role involving fundraising.||X|
|1.4||Able to work flexible hours and in the evening or at weekends when necessary.||X|
|1.5||Have an understanding of the Jewish Community.||X|
|2.||SKILLS & ABILITIES|
|2.1||Able to work well with others in an Office environment.||X|
|2.2||Good organisational, administrative and creativity skills.||X|
|2.3||Excellent time management skills||X|
|2.4||Experienced and skilled in the use of Social media including Face Book, Twitter, Instagram, etc.||X|
|2.5||Able to use own initiative and to manage own workload effectively and efficiently.||X|
|2.6||Excellent ‘customer service’ skills on telephone, in writing and in person.||X|
|2.7||A high standard of spoken and written English.||X|
|2.8||Excellent numeracy skills.||X|
|2.9||Able to work accurately with attention to detail.||X|
|2.10||Excellent IT skills; specifically Microsoft Office and Internet.||X|
|2.11||Experience of using fundraising tools.||X|
|3.||ATTITUDES & OPINIONS|
|3.1||Enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.||X|
|3.2||A team-player who will get involved in whatever needs to be done to achieve a successful event outcome.||X|