The Jewish Representative Council has been offered 3 free places for the Centre for Jewish Studies Hebrew Beginners’ Course
The normal cost of the course for audit only is £545 but you can get a free place. Just complete the form, downloadable via the link below, and return it to [email protected] along with a statement of no more than 400 words as to why you should have a free place. Your application should be received by midnight on Tuesday 12th January.
The course begins in February 2016 and runs for 11 weeks of teaching. Week 12 is devoted to oral exams for students doing the course for credits.
5 Classes per week will run on:
Monday 11:00-12:00 and 14:00-15:00
Please note that although these times are in the timetable, there may be a change in one of the hours.
This is a beginner’s level Hebrew course. It assumes no knowledge of Hebrew and will start by teaching the alphabet. Some previous knowledge of the language (knowing the alphabet and being able to read a little) is acceptable.
The course teaches the following skills:
1. Reception (reading and listening)
2. Production (speaking and writing)
3. Translation and interpretation
The aim of the course is:
• To familiarise the students with the spoken and written forms of Hebrew.
• To familiarise the students with the basic structure of Hebrew grammar
• To enable the students to begin to express themselves in writing
• To enable the students to engage in simple dialogues